September 30, 2017
For those who have gotten a taste of the bagel sandwiches most shops offer now but don’t want to spend as much money on them as they cost, there is an easy solution to your dilemma – make your own bagel sandwiches, starting with this egg salad bagel recipe with Manuka honey roasted bacon! This recipe, which makes two sandwiches at a time, perfectly blends complementary flavors together and can fill a person up in no time if they are in a hurry to get to class or work. What’s even better about it is the amount of money you’ll start keeping back each week because you won’t have to hit up Einstein Bagels or Panera. If you’re ready to save a little money while also getting a great meal, let’s get started on those bagels!
Ingredients for Egg Salad Bagels with Manuka Honey Roasted Bacon
- 2 bagels, sliced
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of Manuka honey
- 6 slices of bacon, thick cut
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 tablespoon of red onion, grated or minced finely
- 2 tablespoons of carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon of parsley or microgreens like cilantro or micro arugula, chopped
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 2 slices of cheese (optional)
Directions for Egg Salad Bagels with Manuka Honey Roasted Bacon
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit on the bake setting.
- Place your thick cut bacon onto a rack that is set over an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle the bacon with the Manuka honey before placing it into your oven for 15 or 20 minutes or until the bacon has gotten crispy enough for your liking.
- Bring a larger pot of water up to a boil before adding your eggs. Cook them on high heat for about 10 minutes before taking them off the heat and running them under cold water. Let the eggs sit in the cold water until they have become cool enough for handling. From there, peel your eggs and chop them into smaller pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mustard and mayonnaise before adding the chopped eggs, along with the bell pepper, the red onion, the shredded carrots, and the parsley or microgreens. Stir the ingredients until they are just combined, seasoning with pepper and salt to taste.
- For properly assembling this sandwich, take your bagels and lightly toast them, placing one slice of cheese onto each bottom half if you prefer. Once your bagels are ready, top the cheese with Manuka honey bacon and egg salad.
- Enjoy your egg salad bagels with Manuka honey roasted bacon!
Copyright: bwf211 / 123RF Stock Photo