July 23, 2019
Now, I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite “breads” on the planet is banana bread. Of course, you are not going to be slapping a slice of ham, a slice of cheese, and mayo on this anytime soon, but it is by far one of the more flexible breads we can make. I say this solely because it can serve as an accompaniment to your breakfast, be used as a meal all on its own, or served as a dessert. Warm it up a little and add a scoop of banana ice cream and you get banana overload that will put a smile on anyone’s face!
Cooking bread is a science, as you have to follow the directions to the letter, or you end up with a brick or a lumpy mess. I will be honest, I am not exactly the best at baking, but even I was able to pull off this recipe and put a smile on everyone’s face that tried it.
Ingredients for Honey Banana Bread:
- 1/3c coconut oil
- ½c raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 large bananas (mashed)
- 1t baking soda
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1/2t salt
- 1/2t ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4c whole wheat flour
*if you want to make this even better, add a half cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is warming up, grease up a 9*5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil and honey and whisk together.
- When those ingredients are fully integrated, add eggs, bananas, and milk.
- Continue to whisk together until well combined.
- Add baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk until combined.
- With a large wooden spoon or spatula, fold in flour (mixture can be a little lumpy).
- If you are adding chocolate chips or nuts, fold in these ingredients now as well.
- Once the batter is ready, pour into loaf pan.
- For a “chef” effect, take a little more cinnamon and sprinkle a line of it right down the middle of the batter, than use a knife to create a pattern with the cinnamon.
- Place loaf pan in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- You can start checking the bread at 55 minutes with a toothpick (it should come out of the batter clean).
- Remove the bread from oven and allow to cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for an additional 20 minutes before serving.
This bread is going to be super-moist and tastes better warm than cold. If you are serving portions of this after it was immediately baked, wrap the slice in a paper towel, then microwave on a plate for about 10-15 seconds. It should bring it right back to that "oven-fresh" state.
Need to order some raw honey to make this recipe? Click here to place your order and remember, we offer FREE shipping on all orders of $150 or more.