July 02, 2016
Caribbean Burgers with Manuka Honey Pineapple Chutney
If you’re looking for something unique for dinner or want to serve something special and different for Fourth of July this year, then these Caribbean Burgers with Manuka Honey Pineapple Chutney are a great place to start! Adding spice to the typical burgers we’re all used to, these burgers with this particular kind of chutney add a sweetness that only Manuka honey, pineapple, and orange can give you. This recipe as it stands will give you enough for six people, taking hardly any time for the product you get at the end of all of it.
So whip out that Fourth of July apron if you got it and try out this recipe for keepers, and you’ll likely not feel disappointed.
Ingredients for Caribbean Burgers with Honey Pineapple Chutney
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 ripe fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped
2 large onions, peeled and diced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 sandwich rolls or buns, toasted
Butter lettuce leaves
1/3 cup pure Manuka honey
Directions for Caribbean Burgers with Honey Pineapple Chutney
- For Manuka Honey Pineapple Chutney: In a heavy, medium saucepan, heat oil over high heat. Add pineapple and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium high and add Manuka honey, vinegar, orange peel, ginger, and allspice; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell peppers and cook for 10 minutes; let cool. Makes about three cups.
- For the burgers: In a medium bowl, stir together ground beef, ½ cup of the Manuka honey pineapple chutney, jerk seasoning, and pepper. Shape into 6 large flat patties.
- Grill over medium coals for 5 to 8 minutes per side. Serve on toasted buns topped with lettuce leaves and a spoonful of chutney.
- Yields six servings, so have a party or save the rest for later—enjoy!