August 10, 2015
A Delicious Chicken Recipe Using Sweet Honey
We usually think about using honey to sweeten our favorite desserts or drinks. While honey is great for a spread on toast or scones, a great sugar substitute in sweet breads and other desserts, as well as a sweetener for hot and cold teas, we often forget how the flavor of honey can lend itself to other cooking endeavors, such as chicken. This Manuka Honey Sticky Chicken recipe is a great combination of sweet and savory and a dish that will have your family coming back for seconds and thirds!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Sticky Chicken:
- (1) 3 oz. whole chicken (cut into 10 pieces)
- ½ stick butter (melted)
- ¼ cup Manuka honey (can substitute Blue Borage Honey)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Juice of (1) lemon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
Directions for Manuka Honey Sticky Chicken:
- Clean and prepare the oven for cooking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Prepare whole chicken for cooking. Cut chicken into 10 pieces and sprinkle each side generously with salt and pepper. Set chicken aside
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, Manuka honey, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Place the chicken pieces in the bowl with the Manuka honey sauce. Toss until all pieces are thoroughly covered with sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the Manuka honey sauce and place skin side up on the aluminum lined baking sheet. Sprinkle all pieces with additional salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the baking sheet in the oven on the center rack and cook for approximately 40 minutes or until each piece has reached an internal temperature pf 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to cool slightly before serving. Serve with sides of your choice and enjoy!
This recipe is simple and delicious, not to mention a great idea for a quick weeknight meal, taking less than an hour to prepare, cook, and serve! The sweetness of the Manuka honey is complimented by the salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard also included in the sauce. This unique sauce could also be used on chicken breasts, chicken wings, or a great pork dish! When it comes to adding Manuka honey into your cooking routine, the possibilities are truly endless!
ManukaHoneyUSA.com offers a fun line of Manuka honey products to add to your pantry for great recipes like this! Whether you want the full flavor of Manuka honey or want to use Blue Borage honey for a less expensive alternative, we have it! To get your order started, click here.