Sriracha Honey Chicken Legs
August 23, 2020
This sounds great!
I love honey. I love sriracha. And, I love chicken, so they should go together really well, right? We are about to find out. For some people, sriracha is a bit on the spicy side but they love the flavor, which is where the raw honey comes in. The honey cuts the heat just enough to sweeten the dish and make that heat palatable for just about everyone.
This dish is super easy to make and ideal for when you are tagged with throwing the weekly football party!
- 2 pounds skinless chicken legs
- 2T olive oil
- 5t ground thyme
- 5t garlic powder
- 1t ground paprika
- 1t salt
- 1t ground black pepper
- 3T raw honey
- 3T butter
- 2T sriracha sauce
- 5T soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, thyme, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper
- Use a whisk to mix until all ingredients are combined
- Add chicken legs and toss in mixture
- Transfer chicken legs over to baking sheet and bake for about 50 minutes (internal temperature should be 165 degrees)
- When chicken is about 10 minutes from being done, start cooking sriracha sauce
- Using a medium saucepan, combine honey, butter, sriracha, and soy sauce
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted
- Whisk ingredients until sauce has smoothed out (should take about 5-10 minutes)
- Pour sauce into large mixing bowl, then add chicken once it comes out of the oven
- Toss to ensure all chicken pieces are covered, then serve
You are going to have a lot of red fingers in the house when you serve this, and even though they are going to be licking their fingers and smacking their lips, you are going to want to have plenty of napkins and wipes around for everyone to use.
If you need to order raw honey to make this recipe, click here. And, remember, we offer FREE shipping on all orders of $150 or more.
Recipe via All Recipes, Photo via Dimitra’s Dishes YouTube Video Screenshot